Patient Navigator Services
Sutter Cancer Center, Roseville
If you’ve recently been diagnosed with cancer, you’re likely to be feeling whelmed and unfamiliar with the new vocabulary and world around you. At Sutter, we strive to make your journey as smooth as possible by assigning a nurse navigator to act as your personal guide and advocate. Our cancer navigator is a specially trained nurse who understands cancer diagnosis and care and can provide information that includes:
- Breast self examination instructions
- Understanding your diagnosis
- Exploring treatment options
- Receiving support beyond medical care
- Learning about chemotherapy and managing side effects
- Preparing for radiation therapy
- Preparing for surgery
- Recovering at home after surgery
- Clarifying clinical trial opportunities
- Managing financial issues related to care
- Recovering after treatment has ended
For additional information or to make an appointment with the Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator, please call (916) 781-1718.
Amy Beazizo, MS, RN, OCN, CBPN-IC has been with the Sutter organization since 1998, serving as the Clinical Manager/Breast Health Nurse and Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator for the Sutter Roseville Comprehensive Cancer Clinic. Amy ensures that women are provided with educational support resources, screening programs, diagnosis, intervention, treatment and management of many different diseases of the breast. Amy ensures that patients receive personal care and attention during this difficult journey. Amy provides both psycho- social and emotional support to both the patient and their support system allowing for an easier transition from active treatment to survivorship.