We hope your stay here is both satisfying and rewarding as we work as a team to help you achieve your highest level of function.
Making progress toward greater independence through therapy is a key reason for you being here. When you are admitted and discharged, 18 activities are evaluated. These activities are evaluated by therapists and nurses using an instrument called the Functional Independence Measurement scale (FIM).
Goals May Include:
- Maximum independence in such daily living activities as dressing, bathing, preparing and eating meals, etc.
- Dressing of the upper and lower body
- Toileting and Bladder and bowel management
- Bed, chair, toilet and tub or shower transfers
- Walking and/or wheelchair propulsion
- Cognitive activities such as comprehension, expression, interaction, problem solving and memory
- Safe mobility with or without adaptive equipment
- Improved balance and coordination
- Mental and social adjustment for patient and family
- Maximized communication skills
- Improved swallowing ability
- Awareness of available community resources
- Manage medications
- Manage your lifestyle to meet medical needs such as diabetes or heart disease
Your Rehab Schedule
Your care begins with a thorough assessment and a personal, goal-oriented treatment plan developed with you and your family. Our rehabilitation programs involve active participation and a little hard work to achieve the highest level of function possible.
Your treatment schedule will be made available to you daily. Occasionally, the schedule must change due to appointments you may have or unforeseen circumstances.
Patients participate in:
- One-on-one therapy
- Group treatment
- Community re-entry and adaptive leisure activities
- Patient and family education
- Individualized goal-directed activities