Traumatic Brain Injury Program
We are a CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited brain injury specialty program. We are the ONLY specialty certified program in the Sacramento area.
Our brain injury specialty unit is designed to meet the special behavioral and physical needs of patients who have suffered traumatic and non-traumatic brain injuries. There are ten private rooms designed to meet the unique needs of brain injury patients. The unit is self contained with a gym, dining/recreation area and speech therapy in the unit.
Patients can progress to the larger general, populated areas as they are able to tolerate more and more stimulation. We accept patients Rancho Los Amigos Scale Level 4 or higher.
Our Traumatic Brain Injury Program provides:
- Brain injury certified therapists and nurses
- Video monitoring of patient rooms
- Unit door security system to allow for patients to be physically active but remain safe
- Specialty beds and equipment to help keep patients safe while they progress through the stages of recovery
- Clinical Neuropsychology services
- Family and caregiver education, community resources and support group services
- ADL (activities of daily living) apartment for patients and families/caregivers to practice newly learned skills before going home
Sutter Rehabilitation Institute is the only rehabilitation facility in the area to garner the three year CARF designation for specialty care, brain injury and stroke.
More Information on CARF