Spinal Cord Injury Program
As you get ready to leave the hospital after a spinal cord injury, you have a very important decision to make regarding the next steps of your recovery. You deserve the care of a top rated rehabilitation center.
We excel in providing advanced specialty care for patients suffering from a spinal cord injury. We are able to admit traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injury patients.
Our spinal cord injury program provides:
- Specialty trained therapy and nursing staff focus on bowel/bladder, skin, independence and mobility
- Specialized equipment including wheelchairs and therapy equipment
- Multi-surface area outside for you to practice wheelchair mobility on all types of surfaces
- Physicians with experience in caring for spinal cord injury specific patients
- Family and caregiver education, community resources and support group services
- Wheelchair accessible van to take the patients into the community for practice or just for fun
Sutter Rehabilitation Institute is the only rehabilitation facility in the area to garner the three year CARF designation for specialty care, brain injury and stroke.
More Information on CARF (Opens in a new window)