Endoscopy Ultrasound Services (EUS)
Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Sutter Roseville Medical Center now offers endoscopic ultrasound (EUS).
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and EUS Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) is when an endoscopy is performed with an instrument that combines endoscopy and ultrasound in order to obtain images and information about the digestive tract and the surrounding tissue and organs. Specialty physicians and equipment is needed to perform this level of diagnostics.
Through a generous philanthropic gift from the Sutter Roseville Medical Center Foundation and the advent of a new highly trained physician, one of only a few in Northern California, this advanced technology is now available to patients requiring this higher level of diagnosis.
How is EUS used?
EUS is ideal for performing the following types of procedures:
– Cancer of the:
- the pancreas for:
• Chronic pancreatitis
- For the following:
• Bile duct abnormalities (stones)
• Liver tumors
• Muscles of the lower rectum and anal canal
• Causes of fecal incontinence
• “Submucosal lesions” including nodules hiding in the intestinal wall covered by normal appearing lining of the intestinal tract
Benefits of EUS
There are many benefits to using EUS for both the patient and the physician. For the physician, benefits include:
• Safe sampling of the target lesions
• Staging of cancers
• Accurate results
• Imaging of area and lesions
• Reduced risk of procedure
For the patient, benefits include:
• One time/combined procedure/s
• Minimal time involved (1-2 hours)
• Minimally invasive
• Minimal recovery time
• Quick diagnosis and staging
The EUS procedure is performed at Sutter Roseville Medical Center, Building 1 by referral only. All other endoscopy services are located at our Endoscopy Center, Building 4.
For more information
For more information about EUS or to schedule a patient, contact Capital Gastroenterology Consultants Medical Group at these locations:
– Roseville (916) 773-6200
– Carmichael (916) 965-9650
– Lincoln (916) 773-6200