Family Birth Center
Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Sutter Roseville Medical Center’s serene setting and natural decor provide an ideal backdrop for a baby's entrance into the world. Built in 1997 to serve Roseville and surrounding South Placer County communities, the 313-bed hospital welcomes more than 3,000 babies into the world each year.
Attention Expecting & New Mothers!
- Delivering Your Baby Here? Complete our online OB pre-registration form during your second trimester.
- NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
- Search our child birth classes database
- Post your baby's photo on the Internet. Visit the Web Nursery
- Get Connected on CaringBridge This free, secure CaringBridge service lets you set up a unique web page for yourself, family or friends who are hospitalized or are receiving ongoing care. Learn more or create a CaringBridge website
Labor and Delivery
The Family Birth Center at Sutter Roseville Medical Center offers 12 private, homelike, LDR (Labor, Delivery, and Recovery) rooms. In the spirit of family-centered birthing, family members may stay with mother and baby throughout labor, delivery and recovery. Mothers and their newborns can room together from the moment of birth until they leave for home.
Orientation and Tours
The staff encourages all expectant mothers to participate in a Birthing Center orientation, which includes a facility tour and information on the sequence of events mothers can expect during delivery. The tours are offered at no charge to expectant mothers and support persons, as well as siblings over age 10. To arrange a tour with a Spanish-speaking staff member, call (916) 733-7080 or (800) 401-4454.
Pregnancy Health Information
Use the links below to learn more about what you can expect
Check out our Due Date Calculator.
In addition, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services also maintains an extensive website for women with excellent information on healthy pregnancy and childbirth.
Access to Specialty Care
While the majority of pregnancies follow a natural course to the joyful delivery of a healthy baby, your choice of Sutter Roseville Medical Center also gives you access to our state-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Our NICU is an extension of the NICU at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento and part of advanced medical care available through Sutter Women's Services. In addition, the neonatology teams of physicians and nurses work collaboratively with our staff to ensure that every single newborn gets the highest level of care in the region.
Search Sutter Roseville Medical Center's classes and support groups to find out about the many classes and support groups available for expectant and new mothers, including exercise classes. At this time, classes are available in English only.
- View Sutter Health Video "Why the Last Weeks of Pregnancy Count"
- Take a virtual tour of the Sutter Roseville Medical Center Family Birthing Center.
360 Tour | Video Tour
- View Sutter Health March of Dimes Video
- Meet our OB/Gyn doctors