Family Birth Center
Sutter Roseville Medical Center
The Family Birth Center at Sutter Roseville Medical Center was designed with families in mind. Our serene setting and natural decor provide an ideal backdrop for a baby's entrance into the world.
Why Choose Sutter Roseville Medical Center for Your Delivery?
- All private labor, delivery and mother/baby rooms with enough room to include family members in your birthing experience.
- You and your baby can room together from the moment of birth until you leave for home.
- We have a team of dedicated and experienced nurses, obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists, and respiratory therapists dedicated to providing you excellent care.
- Nurse lactation consultants are available that provide breastfeeding support and guidance in breastfeeding techniques for you if you need additional assistance beyond what our outstanding mother/baby nurses provide.
- We offer tours and childbirth education classes, including Breastfeeding, Little Helper, Ready, Set, Deliver, Surviving the First Month, and more. Plus new E-classes!
- We provide individualized delivery and pain control options based on your request.
- We have a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to provide care for any baby that needs extra support during the first days or weeks of life with dedicated neonatologists available 24-hours-a-day.
- We have a dedicated antepartum testing unit for expectant mothers to monitor the wellbeing of their baby.
- Families from all over the country choose us for their surrogate delivery. For surrogate delivery information, contact 916-781-1333
Delivering Your Baby at Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- Choose an obstetrician that has privileges at Sutter Roseville Medical Center. Meet our OBGYNs.
- Complete our online OB pre-registration form during your second trimester.
- Sign up for your Maternity Tour and Child Birth Education Classes. The classes fill up fast, so make sure to schedule them soon. To arrange a tour with a Spanish-speaking staff member, call (916) 733-7080 or (800) 401-4454.
Labor and Delivery Options
We encourage you and your family to plan for your labor and delivery and notify your nursing team upon arrival of your plan. Our patients labor, deliver, and recover in a large, private room, where your significant other and your family can attend the birth. For your comfort, we usually allow up to five people in the labor room. We offer:
- Labor that may include sitting or walking, and continuous or intermittent fetal heart rate monitoring.
- Childbirth anesthesia 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including patient-controlled epidural analgesia (PCEA) and traditional epidural analgesia.
- Dedicated operating rooms available for cesarean births, should the need arise.
To help establish breastfeeding, you and your baby will have immediate skin-to-skin contact following delivery and your family will have one hour of uninterrupted time for bonding. Usually within the first two hours following delivery you will be transferred to your private room in our Mother/Baby Unit. Once on the Mother/Baby Unit, you and your baby will have an initial assessment by a registered nurse. In your mother/baby room, your baby usually never leaves your side and our care team comes to your room to perform necessary examinations and screenings. Our focus is on your new family and giving you all of the information you need to care for yourself and your baby once you go home.
We offer a newborn photo program through mom365. To order pictures, or for questions or comments please contact mom365 directly, you can reach them at 1-800-620-8479 or visit their website atwww.mom365.com.
Sutter Roseville Medical Center is please to offer you the following list of hotels and services in the area. Please note, we do not guarantee the list and rates and encourage you to contact them with your specific situation. Be sure to mention that you are here as part of SRMC.